Saturday, January 8, 2011

Why buy handmade?

There is no lack of choice for things to buy these days. We are very decidedly a consumerist society. So, why should you buy handmade? Be unique. With mega-box stores and mass production we dress alike, furnish alike, and decorate alike. Step outside of the box and buy something that is one-of-a-kind! Connect. When you buy handmade you often buy from the source, from the very hands that made it. Put a face back into your shopping experience. It's made with love. A real person made it. From scratch. Why do you buy handmade? ~bronwyn MerryPhotoProps bee sew sew

3 comments:

  1. I like the fact that I am buying a unique item and I am supporting a small business. I also appreciate the time that has gone into something hand made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that so many handmade items can be customized - that way I get exactly what I want (and I can be picky!!) In addition to the idea that no one else has the exact same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love unique items and handmade items, I try and buy things made with love when I have extra money for it! I am busy working on baby shoes and eco-friendly dust mop covers at the moment!

    ReplyDelete